It's no secret that higher-level education costs a pretty penny, so what is your teen doing to prepare for the rising prices of tuition, room & board, and beyond? Applying for scholarships can help alleviate your family's financial burden. And lucky for our local students, there are many scholarships just for Colorado residents.
Please note that this is a working list and that there are many other opportunities available that aren't mentioned here. If we missed one that you'd like to see listed, please let us know!
Where do you start?
Fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This form is required for all federal and state-sponsored financial aid.
Do you already have a college in mind?
Refer to the specific school's website for scholarships specific to their institution. This is especially important for those who are considering out-of-state education.
Are you involved in any special-interest groups?
Many local clubs and organizations offer special financial awards simply for being a member. Check their websites or speak to club moderators for more information and leads.
Greenwood Village Arts & Humanities Council ~ MARCH 12, 2021
- open to Greenwood Village residents who attend an Arapahoe County high school and are pursuing a degree in the arts.
Volunteerism & Community Service
Colorado Council of High School/College Relations ~ FEB 15, 2021
- open to Colorado students with a minimum GPA of 2.5 who are enrolling as a full-time student at one of the 30+ schools listed as a Colorado Council Member Institution.
BigSun Scholarship ~ JUNE 19, 2021
- open to students who participated in sports during his/her high school years - not limited to CO residents.
What insurance do you have?
Believe it or not, many insurance companies offer exclusive scholarship opportunities to their members. Contact your insurance provider for more information.
What makes you... YOU?
CESDA Scholarship Program ~ deadline: APRIL 5, 2021
- open to Colorado high school graduating seniors who meet one of the following requirements: identify as a student of color, be the first generation (neither parent/guardian received a bachelor’s degree) to attend college, and/or be a student with financial need.
HSF/Peierls Rising Star Scholarship ~ deadline: FEB 15, 2021
- open to students of Hispanic heritage with a minimum GPA of 3.0 who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited, public or not-for-profit, four-year university or graduate school.
Sachs Foundation Scholarship ~ deadline: MAR 15, 2021
- open to Black high school students in their senior year who have been full-time Colorado residents for a minimum of three years.
Korean-American Scholarship ~ deadline: JUNE 30, 2021
- open to students of Korean heritage with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Applications are available for the region where the school you will be attending during the scholarship year is located.
American Indian Science and Engineering Society ~ deadlines vary: FEB 26 to MAY 31, 2021
- several scholarship opportunities are available for American Indians, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, Pacific Islanders, and Indigenous peoples of Canada.
The Alexander Foundation Scholarship ~ MARCH 21, 2021
- open to LGBTQIA+ students who reside in Colorado and are pursuing a degree in Colorado.
Have you overcome adversity?
Alexander Brown Memorial Scholarship ~ MARCH 8, 2021
- open to students who have received a solid organ transplant and have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
Diabetes Scholars ~ APRIL 6, 2021
- open to students with Type 1 diabetes seeking education at an accredited two or four-year university, college, technical, or trade school.
- open to students who were in the Colorado foster care system for a minimum of 24 months between the ages of 13 and 21.
Diane Dawson Memorial Scholarship ~ MAR 12, 2021
- open to Denver-area students who have parents or legal guardians with terminal cancers/illnesses or Denver-area students with parents who have lost their battle with a terminal disease while they were in high school. A minimum GPA of 2.5 is required.
Pinnacol Foundation Scholarship Program ~ FEB 15, 2021
- open to students who are children of workers injured or killed in a compensable work-related accident with a CO-based employer. A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required.
- open to CO students with non-traditional backgrounds (including but not limited to foster care, juvenile justice, ROTC participants, & GED recipients):
More Opportunities for Colorado Residents
Cherry Creek Schools Emergency Relief Fund ~ MARCH 1, 2021
- open to CO students graduating from the Cherry Creek School District who have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and have participated in the AVID program for at least 2 years.
Ab Irvine Scholarship Program ~ opens MARCH 2021
- open to CO students who plan to work with children who have special needs. Minimum 3.0 GPA required to apply.
Colorado Masons Benevolent Fund Scholarships ~ MARCH 15, 2021
- open to students graduating from a Colorado public high school who plan to attend a Colorado postsecondary institution.
- open to Colorado students who are planning to attend a qualifying Colorado college and demonstrate academic as well as leadership potential. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
RBC Wealth Management Colorado Scholarship ~ MARCH 8, 2021
- open to Colorado students who have a minimum GPA of 3.75 and intend to pursue a degree in science, math, or engineering.
Denver Scholarship Foundation (DSF) ~ opens FEB 2021
- open to students who have graduated from Denver Public Schools are eligible to apply.
For EVEN MORE scholarships, visit: